Simones cake creations

Simones cake creations
Rainbow cake

Monday 11 July 2011

Welcome to Simone Cake Creations, the Home of the Weird and Wonderful cake

Hi there, this is my first blog, drum roll please, and it is going to showcase my cakes I make and the way in which they are created, I take lots of pictures during the making process, and I think that someone out there will find it useful. I will start out by saying that I never intended to make cakes,  Cakes were the furthest thing from my mind and I have done no formal courses in cake decorating, but what I do have is a huge creative streak and the will to try anything. Thats got to be a good thing right?
  I have 4 kids, one of which is a 7 month old baby. I am a stay at home mum... my husband would choke if he read this because i am rarely at home.... but you get what I mean.I have been making Cakes for a relatively short time but I make some weird and wonderful ones! Anyhow, my sister rang me a few months back and asked me if I would help her with a cake project that would become known as OPERATION PENIS CAKE. A top secret operation that involed butter pound cake, chocolate butter cream and cointreu in the shape of a Huge Penis. Which was then fondanted and a hand made from LCM's attached to it with the words "to have and to hold" written across the huge scrotum...( eww first blog and i had to use the word scrotum already...mum would be proud!) I said, WHY ME? when she asked but it was such a scream to make with them that I decided to offer to make my Nieces 21st cake as a gift which was a 3 tier mudcake with leopard spots, the design of which I researched on the internet for ages. pics to follow...

So this Blog will show the ones i have done and the processes I go through during the making process, the baking, the filling, the design,

No comments:

Post a Comment